Position: Mechanical Detailer
Reports To: Fabrication Manager
Quatro Industries Limited manufactures specialty mining supply equipment and provides services to address the unique needs of the mining industry. We strive to provide the best, high-value products, designs, and services to ensure customer satisfaction. Quatro offers a variety of products supporting the industrial and mining sectors worldwide. We have you covered, whether material handling, mining products or vacuum systems. We have extensive experience in providing the right products for our customers, which keeps them coming back.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Fabrication Manager, the Mechanical Detailer will be responsible for drawing and creating 2D and 3D drawings on Inventor/CAD software.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop detailed designs drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment using 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to ensure designs are safe, functional, economical, ergonomic and reliable.
- Estimating and technical vendor support
- Site visits as required to obtain measurements and review installation progress.
- Coordination with clients regarding design work
- Create and update parts and operator’s manuals for all equipment.
- Employ problem-solving strategies and find solutions to product design issues.
- Develop and revise equipment manuals including coordinating the collection of data and ensuring the accuracy of documents.
- Ensure that product and company reputation is maintained by complying with government regulation.
- Ensure a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Work within and adhere to our Quality Assurance system.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years of experience in Mechanical design/detailing
- Minimum of a College Diploma in Mechanical Technologist/Technician or equivalent
- Proficient in 2D detailing.
- Prior experience in 3D modeling
- Experience in design for manufacturing (specifically experience with Inventor an asset)
- Field measuring experience an asset
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with little to no supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
WHAT WE OFFER
- Quatro Industries is committed to the development and potential of all employees. We have a continually growing workforce and many career options that can provide advantages for growth opportunities and new skills training.
- Health Benefits! Health, Dental Benefits, and Life Insurance for a full-time employee after three months of employment!
- Prepare for the future! RRSP plan includes a company match of up to 3%.
- Our team supports employee wellness by offering all our staff an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- We prioritize employees’ work-life balance by having a disconnect from work policy.
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth.
We thank you for applying and your interest in working with Quatro Industries. Please note that we will only reach out to candidates who meet our pre-screening requirements.
The description is for the purpose of information only and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
Quatro Industries Limited is an equal-opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, family status (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.