Quatro Industries Limited manufactures specialty mining supply equipment and provides services to address the unique needs of the mining industry. We strive to provide the best, high value products, designs, and services, to ensure customer satisfaction. Quatro offers a variety of products supporting the industrial and mining sector worldwide. Whether it be material handling, mining products or vacuum systems, we have you covered. We have extensive experience in providing the right products for our customers which keeps them coming back
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
As a CNC Plasma Table Operator in our facility, you are motivated and energetic and work well in a team environment. You have strong versatility and the ability to setting-up and operate a CNC plasma table to cut parts from steel sheets & plates by engineering. Select proper metal per plasma sheets to be cut and load table. Organize tables with the right jobs. Clean or replace table slats as needed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read blueprints and determine measurements to the 16th
- Ability to run overhead cranes and safely operate machines.
- Know weight of cut part and determine weight of raw material components in order to transition material in a safe manner.
- Basic computer knowledge of Window type operating system
- Perform daily operational checks and perform cleanup at beginning and end of shifts
- Make minor adjustments to programs
- Ability to meet production schedule
- Download programs via disc, flash drive or direct connect
- Perform cuts and required nesting as defined by production
- Accurate completion of production and Quality Control sheets
- Accurate completion of work order based on production schedule
- Ability to read operator’s book and make appropriate parts correctly
- Change all parts in torch head
- Record progress in job book
- Troubleshoot Plasma to Operators level
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read, comprehend and write English at an advanced level
- Advanced blueprint reading and problem solving skills required
- Intermediate math skills (fraction/ decimal calculations)
- Previous work experience in a heavy industrial or construction environment is considered an asset
- Knowledge of various types of construction and or heavy equipment operation is considered an asset
- Environment is that of a heavy industrial work site
- Outdoor elements are a factor
- Exposure to air particles, such as dust, chemical (paint, oil, gas, diesel fumes) and weld smoke
- Exposure to loud, penetrating noises in some work areas
- Proper personal protective equipment is required at all times
The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
Quatro Industries Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, family status (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.